Monday, February 28, 2011

Sale - no sale, its all about the right choice!

The major sale season is almost over, [to be precise would be over on the 5th of march]

Needless to say, its one of my favorite season, one season which I enjoy to the fullest..

Out of the sales everywhere, the best ones were the malls [I love malls]

Both the pune centrals, lifestyle, both shopper’s stops, SGS mall, jewel square.

Pune central

It has been renovated a while go, and has a huge Indian wear collection in the basement.

With many new brands introduced. But if you are looking for a variety in western apparel, then it has to be Pune central [university rd]. It has good collection [colours, styles, sizes, brands] and for the foodies, a decent food court too.

For this sale season, I wasn’t disappointed at these malls at all. I felt this was one of centrals’s best sale in terms of availibilty of variety of apparels.

Overall as a mall – its good

Lifestyle

The major attraction for me here is their in house brand,’Ginger’ A young vibrant brand.

Girls who are into funky Tees, checkout Ginger, reasonable rates, bright colours, fun slogans. I like it. Also their bags and footwear are not to be missed! I got introduced to the brand ‘Forever new’ at lifestyle for the 1st time.

FYI – Forever new is one brand which I can say I saw it reaching the skies[in terms of pricing] It’s a very feminine brand. I have seen the rates literally multiplying every year!

The lifestyle sale was strictly ok this time.

Overall as a mall – I feel it needs to do something about it. The billing method/the attendants/salesmen, something really needs to be done about it. Except for the sales girl at the lingerie section, the rest of the staff have no clue, what are they upto.

SGS mall

If I would be going there, that would only be for munching, not for shopping.

Its not my favorite mall and last option to go for shopping. It has Westside.

Well, Westside, once upon a time used to be in my favorite list, its had amazing sportswear. But gradually, Westside has gone bad. Its repetitive with its designs, there is nothing new to offer.[if floral, and garden prints are what they like, then please get innovative in that atleast]

I have no clue about the sale here!

Shopping wise the good thing there is the brands of jeans, ad jeans is something which we don’t by very often. That’s why, SGS is not a shopping destination for me.

Overall as a mall – its decent, just that the crowd there these days is hmmm [not so good]

Shoppers stop.

The 1st mall in pune. Shoppers stop wakdewadi, I have nothing to say. Its just not me!

The Shopper stop nucleus mall, I like it. Its not too big, but still, it doesn’t disappoint me.

The only hitch, I find is they don’t have BIBA kurtis, there is just the whole salwar kameez ssts. The in house brand STOP, is not very great. Especially their churidars/leggings, are a strict no-no.The best churidars/leggings are those of W and biba!

The best part of shoppers stop nucleus mall is their salesmen, specially at the footwear section. They are exceptionally good, helpful and will definitely help you find what you want. The sale was good. The crowd is always decent.

Overall as a mall – if you go to shoppers stop after a gap, you will always like this mall! Just don’t be regular there.!

Jewels square

The visit to this mall I try to keep it as less as possible. Reason being – it burns big holes in my pretty pockets!

The sale this time was unexpectedly good here. The brands I watch out here, are MUAH, AND, CHEMISTRY,

MANGO sucks here! Its just the pune collection, I have seen MANGO collection at Mumbai and it seems, that all rejected stuff is displayed at the pune MANGO.

PROMOD lacks colours.

The best thing that jewel square brought in pune is and improvised trend of lingerie shopping. It is expensive but it is totally worth it. Girls save a little extra, but don’t compromise on this one!


Awaiting the next sale season! untill then shopping goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment